Anping Xinzheng Metal Wire Mesh Co., Ltd
Expanded Steel Diamond Mesh is another kind of metal screen industry, which is also one of the main varieties of metal plate mesh. Also known as Expanded Metal Mesh, expanded diamond mesh, expanded metal lath, heavy steel plate net, foot net, punching plate, etc. After the steel mesh punching machine processing, the metal plate becomes a mesh with mesh of diamond.
Size: Opening size (mm): 2.5-50mm or according to customers` requirements
Thickness (mm): 0.5-10mm or according to customers` requirements
Material: High quality low carbon steel plate, aluminum plate, SS plate, titanium plate, aluminum foil plate, nickel plate, galvanized plate etc.
Surface Treatment: Galvanized, spraying antirust paint, anodic oxidation, PVC coated, powder coated
Use: Expanded sheet used for filter, medicine, papermaking, filtering, breeding, cell network, packaging net, mechanical facilities protection, handicraft manufacturing, high-end speaker net enclosures, decoration, child seat, basket, basket and road protection, foot tanker net, heavy machinery and boilers, oil mine, locomotive, million tons of ships such as working platforms, escalators, walkways. It can also be used for reinforcing steel bars in construction industry, highway and bridge.
SWM: The length of a short diamond diagonal from a node center to a node center
LWM: The length of the long diagonal line from the center of the node to the center of the node
SWO: The length of the diagonal of a short diamond
LWO: The length of the diagonal of a long diamond
Strand Width: The length of the edge of the diamond - shaped hole
Strand Thickness: Thickness of steel plate
Knuckle: Connection points of two mesh holes
If you are curious about how the process of forming expanded metal mesh, XinZheng is happy to provide you with a step-by-step guide to manufacturing these products on our state-of-the-art equipment.
1. Sheet or plate is advanced beyond the face of the bottom die in an amount equal to the strand width before flattening. The sheets are then fed into an expanding machine.
2. The top die then descends and simultaneously slits and cold forms an entire row of half diamonds.
3. The top die then ascends and moves one half of a diamond to the right as the base sheet or plate moves forward one strand width.
4. The top die descends, slits and forms another full row of half-diamonds completing a row of full diamonds in two strokes.
5. The die then ascends and returns to its initial position.
This process then continually repeats until the full sheet of expanded metal is completed. This mesh is then either cut into sheets or rolled into coils for either shipping or additional processing.
Please see the images below to view the expanded metal process: